Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chocolate Cupcake, Chocolate Ganache, Peanut Butter Buttercream topped with Chocolate Shavings

This cupcake is INTENSE. It's my favorite cupcake I've made thus far and a huge step forward with my baking . I decided to splurge for good cocoa powder (it is outrageously expensive :x  ) I used droste unsweetened cocoa powder and MAN the taste is worth the extra $. I can't even explain the difference, you'd have to try it for yourself. I made these cupcakes again yesterday with a friend, using a cheaper grocery store brand, and wow, it's just....not the same. So I'm pretty happy about finding a good chocolate cake recipe. Then I made a bittersweet chocolate ganache with a 75% cocoa lindt choc baking bar and topped it with a PB buttercream and lindt chocolate shavings, which I made myself :) :) It's the first cupcake for me that came out perfectly and didn't make me re think becoming a baker , haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment